Posts by Mazen

Hello Omar,

This script works on the older module with the previous enterpreter version. I have updated the code for the new version:
    def GetCCLK(self):
    MDM.send('AT#CCLK?\r', 10)
    tmpdatebuff = ''
    DateTimeStr = ''
    res = -1
    timeout = time.clock() + 10
    while timeout > time.clock():
    time.sleep(0.1)
    recv = MDM.read()
    time.sleep(0.1)
    tmpdatebuff = tmpdatebuff + recv
    if(tmpdatebuff.find('OK')!=-1):
    StartIndex = tmpdatebuff.find('#CCLK: "')
    EndIndex = tmpdatebuff.find('"',StartIndex+9)
    DateTimeStr = tmpdatebuff[StartIndex+8:EndIndex]
    res=1
    break
    return res

Hi Omar,

You can read the time and date from the module. Check the AT command "AT#CCLK?" Here's a function I usually use inside my code:

def GetCCLK(self):
    MDM.send('AT#CCLK?\r', 10)
    tmpdatebuff = ''
    global DateTimeStr
    DateTimeStr = ''
    res = -1
    timeout = MOD.secCounter() + 10
    while timeout > MOD.secCounter():
    recv = MDM.receive(15)
    MOD.sleep(1)
    tmpdatebuff = tmpdatebuff + recv
    if(tmpdatebuff.find('OK')!=-1):
    StartIndex = tmpdatebuff.find('#CCLK: "')
    EndIndex = tmpdatebuff.find('"',StartIndex+9)
    DateTimeStr = tmpdatebuff[StartIndex+8:EndIndex]
    res=1
    break
    return res

Hello Omar,

It is still not clear what you are trying to do. I checked the datasheet of the sensor DS1631 and its interface is I2C.
    The pins of the AUX connector can only be as assigned since there have a directional isolations using optocouplers. So you can't use I2C here and certainly DAC won't work. I think the best option for measure temperature is to use one with analog output and connect it to the ADC input of the terminal.

Hello Dredg,

Here are some commands you can look into:

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","SET_APN_HERE"
    AT#SCFG=1,1,300,90,600,50
    AT#SGACT=1,1,"USERNAME","PASSWORD" -if your operator doesn't have username and password leave them blank
    AT#SD=1,0,80,"www.someserver.com",0,0,0 - Scoket dial. You can also use the IP of the server. 80 is here the port but you can change it.

If you receive CONNECT, then you have succesfully established a connection to your server. Of course, you would need to handle responses of the Telit module in your code.

Hello Dredg,

Please have a look at the document in the link below. You can use AT commands to setup a TCP socket to the server. The document shows examples how to set it up.Once the socket is established, then you can have a transparent data link to the server listener and exchange data back and forth.

http://www.telit.com/index.php…P_Easy_User_Guide_r18.pdf

Please also have a look at the AT commands reference guide as well to have a better understanding on how to manage the module

Regards,
    Mazen

Hello Livio,

The linker file is only needed if you are downloading the firmware over the USB using bootloader. You were right to remove it if you are using a programmer.
    SIM on chip comes with the module on demand only and is not active with the module that you have.
    The reason for timeout could be that you have the wrong APN or a weak signal so the module can't connect to the internet. Can you verify that?

Hi Steve,

There is a limit on the size of the varaibles in Python on the module( 16KB of memory for each variable). So if I understood your question correctly, then I suggest that you split the data you are receiveing between two variables like this in the loop that is receivind data:

if(len(FirmwareBuffer1)<14000):
    FirmwareBuffer1 = FirmwareBuffer1 + MDM.receive(1)
    else:
    FirmwareBuffer2 = FirmwareBuffer2 + MDM.receive(1)

Hello Blakra,

Where did you place the project folder? It should be in the apps foder inside the Harmory folder.
    Currently the versions we have on our websites work with MPLAB Harmony V1.03 (which you can download and use). We are planning to release new projects next week that work with the latest version of MPLAB Harmony. Microchip has updated their driver Libraries and we need to update our projects accordingly.
    Right now you can use version 1.03 to test the source code. Porting it later to the new project will be easy from your side once we release our new project files.

P.S: Please open a new thread for further questions.

Hi,

The Public IP has to be on the Telit module for it to work. Some operators provide this kind of service I believe for an extra fee.
    I haven't tried before the AT&W0 in Python script, but did you make sure you got an OK back from the module after this command? What settings did you change and trying to save?

Hi,

In most cases the IP assigned to a cellular module is a private IP on the operator's network. It is not a public IP it can't be accessed from any PC on the internet. This is why you can't connect to it using Hyper terminal.

Hi Steve,

The only reason where this could happen is if your file contains null characters (a character with ascii code zero).
    If you are storing such characters then this could be a reason why it is not saved in the file as this is considered as end of string the application should write.

Mazen

Hi Steve,

If that is on start up, then please check the command AT#STARTMODESCR where you can reduce the time to wait before starting the script.

Large Python scripts will take time to start and there is no way around this as far as I know.

Mazen