Posts by Mazen

Hi,

This is because the GPS doesn't have a fix yet. Once you get a position fix, you will get a complete answer with coordinates. make sure you are using the right antenna and that the antenna has a clear view to sky. If you are using an active antenna, make sure that the design supports it.

MJ

Hi,

Which port are using to access the AT controller? The same port that you have uses to send the command HTTPSND, should be used to send the data to be posted. Could you post your complete AT commands sequence you are using and the answer you are getting? Are you using the serial port, the USB or Python?

Regards,

MJ

Hello,

You can open a socket using AT#SD on port 80 in online mode and then send the HTTP request manually by sending the HTTP headers along. This way you have no limitation on the size. You would need to build the HTTP headers on your own though. There are a lot of tuturials about them out there. I have created one example here for you. You need to add carriage return and line feed <cr><lf> after each line. Note that between the headers and the payload there is also an empty line which means you need to send there also <cr><lf> after the ones you send for the line before. Here's the example and I hope it helps.

PUT /MyPage.aspx HTTP/1.1

Host: http://www.myhost.com

Cache-Control: no-cache

Connection: keep-alive

Content-Length: 190

"My Data that i am sending which should be a size of 190 bytes..............................................................................................................................."

Mazen

Hi,

Redirecting messages to USB0 is available as of certian FW versions. You can do a quick implemtation your self for this:

For USB:

def PrintW(arg):

USB0.send(arg+'\r\n')

and for serial:

def PrintW(arg):

SER.send(arg+'\r\n')

Just pay attention to the indentation in the code and initialize the speed of the serial port if you want to use it.

Hi,

Did you do a FW upgrade and then faced this issue? it is not clear to me but I got that from your answer and would like to confirm it.
    Could you pleae try a different antenna and a differernt SIM card as well?
    Please post the answer of the module to the following AT commands:
    AT+CGMR
    AT+CGMM
    after at least 10 second from power on, please try these commands and post the answers as well:
    AT#MONI
    AT+CREG?
    AT+CSQ

In which country and operator are you are testing and getting this issue?

Hi John,

Try sending AT+CMEE=2 to check if you get a verbose error response that could explain what the problem is when the connection fails. It could be an error during handshake or not being able to connect at all.

HI,

This a a 3-axis accelerometer and you can read the acceleration among the X,Y, and Z directions. You can also enable some built in functions in the accelerometer to detect activity/inactivity which is currently implemented.
    The accelerometer is connected to the microcontroller. The microcontroller can read the information from the accelerometer and send it to the telit module. There is a I2C connection between them however the bandwidth is limited since I2C is bitbang implementation on the Telit module. Please keep that in mind.
    The accelerometer on the Nanotracker is LIS2HH12TR from st.com
    You can add a unique string to identify the GPS module. We offer the scripts as Opensource so you could make any changes to them. You can use the cellular's modules IMEI as the unique string.

Hi Tom,

We have tried to replicate the issue and we didn't face a problem in the debugger. We think it might have to do with the firmware of the ICD3 or the settings inside MPLABX. We tried changing some to replicate it but it breakpoints still worked. Please post the issue in Microchip support Forum or create a ticket to get direct support from Microchip.

http://www.microchip.com/forums/
    http://www.microchip.com/support/hottopics.aspx

Hello Somnath,

Try this:
    I2C_SDA = 5 #GPIO PIN that is connected to SDA
    I2C_SCL = 6 #GPIO PIN that is connected to SCL
    I2C_ADDR = 0x48
    bus = IIC.new(I2C_SDA, I2C_SCL, I2C_ADDR)
    status = bus.init()

res = bus.readwrite('\x00', 1)

The above code will send the following Bytes to the ADC chip
    0x90 0x00 0x91
    And then will read one byte
    0x90 is 7 bits address 0x48 shifted one bit to the left with the R/W bit set to 0 (Write mode)
    0x91 is 7 bits address 0x48 shifted one bit to the left with the R/W set to 1 (read mode)
    You can read mode than one byte of course if you change the second argument in the function bus.readwrite()

Hello Ahmad,

We strongly advise against unconditional shutdown of the module. So another solution has to be considered.

Please post here the full log of your communication with the module and we will look into it.

Mazen

Hello Omar,

The HTTP request header is not correct. Try this:

SendTxt = '{"ID": "1","ctypemeasure": "C","datum": "01.01.2001","entity": "kuehlschrank nr 123","name" : "DS1631","wert" : "24","instrument" : "DS1631","input" : "3","inumber" : "1"}\r\n'
    MDM.send('POST /Energydoc/sync/save?domain=measure HTTP/1.1\r\nHOST: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\r\nContent-Type: text/html;charset=utf-8\r\nContent-Length:'+str(len(SendTxt))+'\r\nConnection: close\r\n\r\n', 50)
    MDM.send(SendTxt,50)