I discussed the problem in our company. A solution could be like that:

Hardware release V3.0:
    Pin3 : GPIO 10
    Pin4 : GPIO 14

Hardware release V3.1:
    Pin3 : GPIO 14
    Pin4 : GPIO 15

1. Is it correct?
    2. Are Pin3 and 4 usable for I2C: SDA, SCL?
    3. What command is available for detecting the hardware release? (V3.0 <-> V3.1)

Please help me!

Oh yes - You're right! The jumpers on my slave module set the address, the purpose of the jumpers on the modem is the selection of "open collector"/100 Ohm or ADC/100 Ohm for input or output.

Why did You change the GPIO????? A new release should be hard and software compatible to the old release!!!!!

We're using an I2C-Display adapter for debugging and ohter purposes and this device does not work together with the V3.1 release.
    Redesigning of our hardware for each new release is impossible. A new software version for each release is impossible too.

We MUST use ONE hardware design (for the display adapter) and ONE software (for the modem).

Possible solution: a command for detecting the hardware release (and another one for the firmware release - I think this exists). So, I can start my software with some adjustments.

Does such a command exist?

What GPIO changes has been made? In V3 I used the RJ12 connector (which is RJ11 in Your doc, but Wiki says a 6 Pin 6 Connector is RJ12 or RJ25):

pin1 = GND no change
    pin6 = VIN no change
    pin4 = GPIO14 used as I2C-SDA --> GPIO15 ???????
    pin5 = GPIO15 used as I2C-SCL --> CONAN1 ? = ANALOG1 ???

In V3.1 I found GPIO 14 at pin 3 - is it right?

Ok, please help me. How can I find two usable GPIO-connectors for all hardware releases?

Q: Type of module? A: TER-GX300S
    Q: Firmware version? A:07.03.301
    Q: Type of starter kit you have?S3
    (S1, S1B, S2, S3, S4, EVK1, EVK2, none, other)

We've ordered TER-GX300S two or three times and have got two different hardware releases (EZ864V3 and V3.1). V3 has jumpers besides the RJ12 connector, the V3.1 has no jumpers. We are using a LC Display connected to this RJ12 (I2C bus) for (debug) output.
    Problem: The I2C-Display works only with the V3 release (jumpers) and not with the V3.1 release.
    What is the difference between these releases? It might be a I2C-master-address problem.

Please help me!

Q: Type of module? A: TER-GX 300S / GC864-Quad
    Q: Firmware version? A: 07.03.301
    Q: Type of starter kit you have? (S3)

(I just noticed, that I've posted to the wrong place "support in german" - how can I move this to a better place?)

Hi,

after reading many threads, I couldn't find a solution for my problem yet. So I start a new one:

I'd like making "Over the air - FTP" for getting a new script for my modem. My update software is close to the nice example script "OTAFTP.py".

FTPGET with a small text file (162 bytes) containing the list of available software versions works fine.

The same FTPGET commandos do not work with the file <MyBigBinaryFile>.pyo (30 kbytes). About half of the file is missing.
    So I generated a test file (65 kBytes) with the contents:

This is the first line of the test file containing printable characters
    This is the last line of the test file containing printable characters

My debug log gives me this:

FTP: Get "white_v100.pyo"
    Response of AT#FTPGET: AT#FTPGET="<MyBigTestFile>.pyo"

This is the last line of the test file containing printable characters
    NO CARRIER
    -> program stops here (may be another problem)

My remote ftp server provides a 65 kbytes file and my modem gets about 45 kbytes of data.
    So 20 kbytes of data is missing at the beginning of the file. It seems that the end is transmitted correctly.

I tried "AT&K3" and "AT&K0" -> the results are the same.
    I even included th response of the FTPGET command:

response = SendCmd('AT#FTPGET="' + fileName + '"')
    if debug:
    DebugSend('Response of AT#FTPGET: ' + response)
    data = response # response may contain part of data
    timer = MOD.secCounter()
    timeout = timer + 25 # seconds

# Collect data
    while (((data.find('NO CARRIER') == -1) or (MDM.getDCD() != 0)) and (timer < timeout)):
    data = data + MDM.read()
    timer = MOD.secCounter()

Any idea what's going wrong? Thanks in advance for helping!

Ok, we solved the problem:

We used another slave device (with micro controller), the same slave address (0x40) and could transfer data to a LC display.
    This means, the I2C bus of the telit modem works fine.

The clock line contains the information of the speed of data transfer, so it should not be faster than 115.200 bit/s, but slower should be no problem. I mentioned it because it was th only difference I noticed.

Yes, we used the right slave address.

I wonder why this PCF8574 kit does not work together with the telit modem. In this situation, I would prefer the micro controller. I will discuss it with our hard ware designers.

Thanks!

Hi,

the SCL signal just seems to be low, cause the probe shows 1:10 of the voltage.

I already read in some posting that there might be a problem with the slave address.
    The osci screen shots shows a slave address 0x40 (Teli modem or other (test) device as master).
    The differnce is the time base:

1. Time base:
    My test master shows 20us => 115000 bit/s => Acknowledge
    The Telit modem shows 1ms => 1333 bit/s => Not Achnowledge

How can I switch the bit rate of the modem?

Thank You for helping

Q: Type of module? A: TER GX300S / FW: 10.00.063
    Q: Firmware version? A:
    Q: Type of starter kit you have? S3 / FW: 07.03.301

I connected a PC8574P-I2C module with LC display to the GPIO bus.

Initiate the bus works fine (response = 1)
    ### IICbus info ###
    IICbus_SDA = 14 # GPIO14
    IICbus_SCL = 15 # GPIO15
    IICbus_address = 0x40 # LCD module address (slave)

IICbus = IIC.new(IICbus_SDA, IICbus_SCL, IICbus_address)
    response = IICbus.init()

but writing to the bus with
    response = IICbus.readwrite('\x01',0)
    gives me response = -1

First, I checked my PC8574P-I2C module with my oscilloscope and a different master device. I got an acknowledge bit from my slave device.
    The same slave device (LC display with I2C bus) connected with TER GX300S (GE864 Quad?) gives me no acknowledge.

Both master devices seem to send the same slave address, but my test master device has a bit rate of 115200 bit/s (this works) and the telit modem seem to send with 1333 bit/s (no acknowledge).

The example in the "Easy script python" manual does not work to.

My questions: How can I adjust the bit rate of the GPIO bus (SER.set_speed doesn't work)?
    Is there any example code that works just for testing the I2C bus of the telit modem?

I would like sending you some attachments (scope screen shots), but the upload fails. I send it directly via email.

Thanks for helping!

Hi Wilhelm,

I successfully used the RJ25-6p6c connector, but now I would like tuning the Ter GX300 S with a 4-LED light show 8), two push buttons and two buzzers. The GPIO-RJ25 connector is not sufficent for my purpose, so I removed all Jumpers of J8 for a direct connection.

I need more input (+V, GND, etc) for an external board. Do You have any info about the jumpers J2, J4, J14 or J15? There are no connectors yet.

Please help me.

Q: Type of module? A:TER GX300 S / FW: 10.00.063
    Q: Firmware version? A:
    Q: Type of starter kit you have? S3 / FW: 07.03.301

Surprise, surprise!
    I developed a sw for receiving and parsing SM. I'm using the S3 kit, because the RS232 port is occupied by other hardware and I need the X400 debugging port.
    The final testing happens on my TER GX300 S board (containing a GC864 quad?). Of course, I'm using the same sw and found that the imcoming SM format has changed:
    The same SM shows:

S3 kit: Incoming message:
    +CMGL: 1,"REC UNREAD","+49xxxxxxxxxxx"\r\n<message body>

TER GX300 S: Incoming message:
    +CMGL: 19,"REC UNREAD","+49xxxxxxxxxxx","","12/02/21,17:31:34+04"
    \r\n<message body>

Is it a firmware problem?
    Can I switch the format by an AT command?
    Is it an effect of the provider's "service center" (at+csca=<address>,145)?
    Is it an effect of my SIMcards (in both devices I use "white" cards)?

Another effect: Please notice that the number of message is different. After receiving a message I always delete the whole message list. So the incoming message always should have the number "1".

I searched for SMS format info and found that everyone knows the second format (TER GX300 S) and I saw it yesterday for the first time after hundreds of test SM.

Please give me a hint. Thanks in advance!

Hi Wilhelm,

thank you for your doc "TER-GX300_Jumper_GPIO.pdf". Something is confusing:

AT page 1 the doc describes a 6 pin RJ11, so it should be a RJ25 6P6C (6 pins, 6 connectors) for getting all GPIO pins - RJ11 usually means 6P2C.

Page 1 says: pin2 is connected to ADC1 or GPIO1 depending on jumper?
    Page 2 says: pin2 is GPIO8 open collector or GPIO12 pullup 10k to V+ with 100 Ohm Rout

Ok - I testet it and found: GPIO8 an pin2 ist correct. This is the default jumper8 position.

A description for the jumper settings (I asked for) is missing. I found it by testing - so everything works fine now.

Q: Type of starter kit you have? S3

Hello,
    I'd like using the RJ-11 GPIO for a "factory default"-reset in my sw. Up to now, I found this doc "TER-GX300_400_Connections.pdf" and I already know, how to handle it with AT commands.
    How must I set the jumpers to set the connectors to GPIO instead of ADC or "open collector"?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I'm looking for the correct usage of the "AT+CSCA"-command. ok, I'm quite sure sending AT+CSCA=<Service Center Address>,145 and I know the correct address from my SIMcard providers manual.
    Up to this moment, this "Service Center Address" ist part of the configuration parameters. Do I have to know this value in advance (so it must be part of the configuration), or is it possible getting it by the "AT+CSCA?"-command (so it is not necessary as a part of the configuration)? Who reports, when I send "AT+CSCA?"

Thanks in advance!

Q: Type of module? A: GC864Py
    Q: Firmware version? A:???S3 is three weeks old.
    (S1, S1B, S2, S3, S4, EVK1, EVK2, none, othe

Hi!
    I received many short messages with my GC864 module. Suddenly the receiving seems to be blocked for hours. Switing the SimCard to a mobile phone, all of the messages are delivered immediately. I've had a close look at your support postings and found, that this problem is already discussed two years ago.
    Is there any possibilty getting sms whilst open gprs connection without closing that session? Is it a firmware problem? I wonder, that I am the only one with that problem in two years.

Thanks a lot for an answer.

Oh, well, fine - my debugging output works!

For everybody, I would like summarizing the plot: Debugging with Starter Kit S3 / GC864

- Install driver for CAB-Rou200 (USB <-> 3 pin connector) found on CD of Starter Kit
    - Remove the jumpers between X400 and X300 (what purpose do they have?)
    - Connect CAB-Rou200 to X400, black wire is ground, so put it near to the serial ports.
    - Use Terminal program PuTTY and config:
    - terminal: toggle ON: Implicit CR in every LF
    - session-logging: activate logging
    - set communication parametrs to COM 4 (in my system), Baudrate: 115200
    - save your settings

That's all I know yet. Did I forget anything?

Thanks for helping!

Q: Type of module? A:GC864Quad
    Q: Firmware version? A:???

Hello!
    I'm just testing my brand new Starter Kit and it seems working fine.
    Now I would like start debugging at the X400 bus. This bus is connected with jumpers tio the X300 bus. I couldn't find further advise how to connect the X400 to a serial port. I found a cable in the starter kit box: USB --> three pin connector. Is it possible/necessary to remove the X400 jumpers for using this cable or must I solder some wires on the starter kit board? (which pad of the X400 has what meaning?)

Is the RSterm the right debugging software for my purpose? The manual tells something about a special trace software...

Thanks in advance!
    Martin Elektronik