Posts by uli

Q: Type of module? A:
    Q: Firmware version? A:
    Q: Type of starter kit you have?
    (S1, S1B, S2, S3, S4, EVK1, EVK2, none, other)

Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "'None' object has no attribute 'SetCommTimeouts'" in <method Serial.__del__ of Serial instance at 939778> ignored

This exception is thron when I run the script on my PC. It works fin if the script is run on the modul.

It's not really a problem but anoying.

Do you mean to use
    1) a different model of an USB-serial adapter (I haven't got one) or
    2) another of the same type?

I copied everything to another PC with proper onboard COM ports. It doesn't crash.
    Hoever the TelitSerialPortMux window keeps stating that it is "connected" to the module until put the power on again. Then it states "error" and changes shortly after to "connecting" which doesn't succeed.

one crash later: 2) doesn't make any difference.

If TelitSerialPortMux v2.1 is connected to TER110GX and the module is powered off windows XP SP3 crashes with bluescreen:

STOP D1 (0x60, 0x2, 0xBA289122)
    ser2pl.sys ADDRESS 0xBA289122 base 0xBA288000 DateStamp 40df99d5

ser2pl.sys is the driver for an USB to serial adapter. I've to use that adapter since these new PCs don't have any serial ports. I use these adapters already for some time and have not yet encountered problems.

regards

I tried the whole thing on new (unused) hardware (FW: 7.2.504) and it worked, updated the Firmware (7.3.500) it still worked, deleted everything from the older hardware, flashed the firmware and guess what, it worked.

Then I copied the originally not working software and it is now working too!

Is it possible to corrupt the firmware or do you know any circumstances where this might had happened?

I had this "memory block error" longer time ago with my starter kit (S2) I haven't used it since then. May be it's worht a try.

----

Besides, I tried the MemCheck() from kkelchev described in Current used Name space: it's really consuming memory until it throws an exception. I ran it on my PC as well (you have to increase the while loop counter) and the task manager shows you how it allocate hundreds of MB. Can I 'free' the memory too?

Hello Wilhelm,

I'm definatly shure the code works. Because it does start after I had removed some obsolete bits of code - which were very old and did never cause any problems. I tend to expect the problem somewhere caused by limitation of the internal python interpreter. Maybe the 500 names limit. Where I don't understand how the \r makes things better as described in this forum.

oops, sorry for confusion. I'll try to sort it out.

(1) it is the TER GX 110S, FW:07.03.500

(2) The "normal" operation is:
    compile all files and load the *.pyo and autostart.py onto the modul using rsterm.
    Enabled autostart once, using: AT#ESCRIP="autostart.py"
    The print commands are redirected to serial port (SER.send()) and recorded by hyperterminal.
    An external device is transmitting data on the serial port which is received by the module; no handshake.

This worked all fine until the last code changes wher the software didn't start anymore, showing this Memory Block Error: Invalid size whithout saying what's really wrong.
    (Besides, that's why I wanted to have TelitSerialPortMux running which is still not working on my PC so I've to plug it to another PC after I'd loaded the files :( )

(3) The other way is to run the software on the PC:
    to save time uploading the files I've connected com1 (MDM) to the module, com9 (SER) RX to TX of com8 (simulating incoming Data and com9 (SER) TX to RX of com7 (Hyperterminal) listening to print commands.
    The Python Software behaves just the same (except for AT#REBOOT, which is quite OK), everything is just fine (apart from an occasional corrupted reply of your GPIO function due to impropper implementation)

(4) What do you mean by program structure?
    Due to file size limitations I had to split the program into separat functions distributed over many files. That is a main.py containing import module_asdf, where module_asdf contains a from asdf_subroutine import *

------------------------------------
    so far so good, I ran out of time and have to go now. I'll be back next monday, sorry for this interrupt.

the import error occurs if all pyo files are loded onto the module and the software is started by at#execscr or "autostart"

Running on PC means all files (py/pyc) are stored and executed on the PC and the module is connected via COM ports (SER and MDM) as set by "Telit COM Port Selection Tool"

Q: Type of module? A:TER GX 110S
    Q: Firmware version? A: 07.03.500
    Q: Type of starter kit you have? S2, FW 6.04.606-B014

I encountered this crash on the module while the software is running on PC:

(...)
    import PSG_MsgPrint # precompiled from PSG_MsgPrint.pyo
    Memory Block Error: Invalid size
    (...)
    Traceback (innermost last):
    File "autoexec.py", line 2, in ?
    File "Lib\PSG.py", line 19, in ?
    MemoryError
    # clear __builtin__._
    # clear sys.path
    # clear sys.argv
    # clear sys.ps1
    # clear sys.ps2
    # clear sys.exitfunc
    # clear sys.exc_type
    # clear sys.exc_value
    # clear sys.exc_traceback
    # clear sys.last_type
    # clear sys.last_value
    # clear sys.last_traceback
    # restore sys.stdin
    # restore sys.stdout
    # restore sys.stderr
    # cleanup __main__
    # cleanup[1] PSG_MsgMake
    (...)

In this forum I found:
    Memory Limits
    Current used Name space

Is it thes same problem?

One of the recommendations is to append \r at the end of strings. Does it apply to all strings or only to those that are going to be printed?

dear Wilhelm,

sorry for the lack of information.
    * it is the latest downloadable version 1.09
    * I had it just previusly installted on this PC
    * I tried reinstalling
    * it is working on another PC
    * the error occurs rigth after the programm was started, see attached image
    * Windows XP with available patches & fixes

I assume somthing is different on this Windows installation, but I cant' say which class is missing.

A different observation might be of help:
    Installing your Python package corrupts the path environmen variable in the way that D:\Program files\Python\Tcl\bin had to be replaced by %ProgramFiles%\Python\Tcl\bin. The effect was that commands (e.g. ping) typed on the command line were not found anymore. Although listed in %PATH% the system32 directory wasn't found.

Images

• temp.png

ter110s, 7.3.500
    s2, 6.4.604
    rsterm 20070209.1

Hi,

if I run SerialPortMux my screen is flooded with error messages "class not registered". The only way to stop the application to create thousands of message boxes ist to kill it from task manager. Unfortunatly it dosen't state which class is missing. Any ideas?

regards,
    Uli

thanks, I'll be happy if ther'll be a solution at some time.

Anyway, if you lay hands on rsterm, please consider the limited path lenght in "Working Folder, click to change". The Path history can't store paths longer than ~64 characters. The folder selection window starts on the very top, at "Desktop" and you'll have to click your way through again. Thank you.

P.S.
    here is a solution:
    (1) an ERROR return is always (?) followed by carriage returns and line feeds which are never in filenames

or

(2) file listings only work with at#selint=2, then file names are embraced in "".

ter110s, 7.3.500
    s2, 6.4.604
    rsterm 20070209.1

Atfer executing AT#LSCRIPT all files are listed in the terminal window but the list in the "Files in module" window is incomplete.

Filenames containing "error" (e.g. ComError.txt) makes the listing to terminate early.

The installation of the Python 1.5.2.+ package added D:\Program Files\Python_1.5.2+\Tcl\bin to the path environmet variable without quotation marks (necessary for the blank between "Program" and "Files".
    Afterward commands like "ping" weren't found anymore.

Use quotation marks or the variable %ProgramFiles%.

I found some solutions in this forum but they have all tiny flaws.

I cannot use +CFUN and wake up on new SMS because Python has to run all the time.

I cannot use SRP=3 and GPIO=7,0,2 because IO 7 is already occupied.

I cannot use +CNMI=2,1 because IO's are permantly modified and GPIO.py contains a MDM.mdmser.read() so I'm likely to miss the reply +CMTI: #,#

I cannot use +CNMI=3,1 because the 1s ringer activity is to short (the serial port is busy parsing incoming strings) and the RING is lost as described above. BTW RI signal works fine for incoming calls but then it is ringing until I react.

Did I miss an easy way or do I have to use +CNMI=0,1, poll for new messages, parse the reply and deltete the parsed message to make sure I do not parse it again?

I tried +CNMI=0 and expected either #MWI or +CIND & +CMER to work but that seems to be something different.

Q: Type of module? A: ter 110
    Q: Firmware version? A: 7.2.504
    Q: Type of starter kit you have? s2

how to play an audio file (e.g. wav) after an ATD has been made, to inform a human listener on the other end of line. Similar to an answering machine.

Do I play that file locally and transmit a voice call or do I transmit a data file which is decoded by the receiving phone?

Q: Type of module? A:TER GX 110S
    Q: Firmware version? A: 7.2.504
    Q: Type of starter kit you have? S2, FW 6.04.604