Posts by uli

Hi Hüseyin,

You're right with the page and I use selint 2 otherwise things I described above wouldn't have worked:

The older firmware does support setting the pull-up and pull-down and it works (almost) fine. Almost, because it works if you use AT commands.

"Easy script python" manual states that GPIO.setIOdir( ) does support out (1), alternate (2), input (0) and input with pull-down (3) but the required pull-up is missing. The pull-down mode actaully works, the 0,06 V that I can measure at an open GPIO is pulled to 0,000V when using the pull-down mode.

With your last post you are confirming this, but MDM.send() is exactly what I don't want to do!

Easy Script in Python is meant to be easy but it's not if you have to do workarounds like this here or that in "GPIO.getIOvalue() occasionally returns 5 or crashes". I'm quite disappointed from that "easy" stuff.

Can't you just add the pull-up parameter to GPIO.setIOdir() as you have done it for pull-down, Please?

Yes, I've mixed xx.00.xxx and xx.01.xxx.

As mentioned above, the pull-up is available via AT-commands. The GPIO library does support pull-up only pull-down, see AT-reference r23 page 296

Using the AT command at this point of SW would spoil the whole class-design.

Yes, I found the Notice in the manual. I also found different ranges of command parameters for different firmwares.

#CGMR: 10.01.020
    #GPIO: (1-10),(0-4),(0-4),(0-1)

#CGMR: 10.00.027
    #GPIO: (1-10),(0-2),(0-3)

The older firmware does support setting the pull-up and pull-down and it works (almost) fine. Almost, because it works if you use AT commands.

"Easy script python" manual states that GPIO.setIOdir( ) does support out (1), alternate (2), input (0) and input with pull-down (3) but the required pull-up is missing. The pull-down mode actaully works, the 0,06 V that I can measure at an open GPIO is pulled to 0,000V when using the pull-down mode.

Please notice to avoid confusion: the command for "input with pull-down" is either AT#<pin>,4,0 is or GPIO.setIOdir(<pin>,<value>,3). Not only the numbers 3 and 4 have swapped their meaning the parameter order has changed as well.

Is 10.00.027 the latest firmware? Since the firmware download section has been taken offline I'm not up to date anymore. If you read older posts you'll find most answers form support starting with the question "Are you using the latest firmware?". Which sounded almost like "Have you tried turn it off and on again?"

What do you say to that mess. I urgently need a solution for a 100+ modules. Can you update the firmware either to take the parameter to support pull-up or set the pull-up and pull-down status exactly the same way as in the replaced GM862. In my particular case I want the pull-up at GPIO3 back.

Using GT863-PY as a replacement for GX110-Py.

The GX110 has an internal pull up resistor at GPIO 3 (power good signal at power connector) and I can measure 2.7 V. Pulling it to ground changes the input state which is detected by SW.

But now I have several GT863 that show zero voltage at an open GPIO 3.

Is an electrical failure of some modules or is it a general change in design wich has not been noticed?

Die Zeit auf einem TER stellen ohne den GPRS Dienst zu verwenden, weil manche Kunden keine Datenoption buchen.
    Man erhält folgende Zeichnkette mit Uhrzeit, Datum usw. genaueres gibt es auf der Seite der PTB (Link in der ursprünglichen Frage)
    2013-08-28 08:58:34 MESZ 33524010270320130828065856532+00000500 *<CR><LF>

Mittlerweile bin ich schon weiter. Es reichen wohl die Befehle AT#DIALMODE=2 und ATD+49531512038'

Die Anfänglich noch verwendeten Befehle sind scheinbar nbicht erforderlich. Zumal sich dei Gegenstelle mit "CONNECT 9600" meldet was nicht zur Dokumentation passt. (V.22 mit 1200 Baud)
    AT+FCLASS=0
    AT+CBST=2,0,0'

Das letzte Problem ist, dass ich nicht auflegen kann, weil der Befehl ATH an die Gegenstelle gesendet und nicht vom Modem verarbeitet wird. Wie komme ich aus dem online Modus heraus, ohne zu warten bis die Gegenstelle auflegt, was sie erst nach einer Weile tut?

TER GT863 py v2

Die Verbindung soll nach Art eines Modems über einen Telefonanruf abgewickelt werden. Meine Vermutung ist, dass nach dem Wählen vom command-mode in einen online-mode gewechselt werden muss.

Hi,

Valid parameter range reported by at#cpumode=? is #CPUMODE: (0-6) on a GE864-QUAD-V2 with Firmware 10.00.027

Documentation AT Command Reference v17 states:

0 - normal CPU clock @26Mhz
    1 - CPU clock @52Mhz
    2 - CPU clock @52Mhz, during GPRS TX/RX only
    3 – CPU clock @104Mhz
    4 - CPU clock @104Mhz, during GPRS TX/RX only

What does the coumodes 5 and 6 stand for?

A first look at the resulting performance depending on CPU mode is:
    cpumode 0,2,5,6 take the same runtime, 100%, then cpumode 1 needs about 60% and cpumode 3 needs only 30% of that runtime.

cheers

Hallo,

hat schon mal jemand den Telefonzeitkode von der PTB in Braunschweig abgerufen?

Unter der Nummer +49 (0)531 512038 bekommt man einen String von 80 Zeichen ins Ohr gefiept. Genaueres hier:
    http://www.ptb.de/cms/fachabte…entliche-telefonnetz.html

Wie kann ich die Daten empfangen? Als Verbindunsdaten wird diese Einstellung nach CCITT genannt:
    V.22: Baudrate: 1200, vollduplex, Parität: keine, Datenbits: 8, Stoppbits: 1, Autolinefeed: nein

Gruß,
    Uli

Where have you free configurable direction?
    Please be so kind and point me to the description. Thank you.

GM862-QUAD_PY_Hardware_User_Guide_r5.pdf , 10 General Purpose I/O

Zum anderen wird Telit voraussichtlich die Module der GM862-Serie abkündigen, so dass in absehbarer Zeit eine Umstellungerfolgen muss. Offiziell sind sie derzeit noch nicht abgekündigt.Der genaue zeitliche Ablauf ist uns noch nicht bekannt.

Perhaps you can make Telit to produce that module for a longer time? ;)

my last question of this thread product confusion is still not answerd.

"Is TER GX 300 fully compatible to TER GX 110?"
    No, it is not.

GPIO 3 (input at power connector) mutated to a relais contact and the IOs 4,5,6 and 7, with free configurable direction are now fixed to two inputs and two outputs. Further they've done something to the IO voltage, where it was some 3V there are now 12V at the RJ11 connector.

The TER GX 300 owns an USB port, I found neither any function at the module, nor any documentation on the TechDoc-Page. You surely have it connected, what does it do?

How long will be TER GX 110 available?

Do you have another replacement? It should provide GPIO 3 like mentioned above, three GPIO as input one as output. The serial port (RS232 level) is needed too.

Regards,
    Uli

I found that AT+CMGF=1 was sent before the PIN was entered. This is not allowed and makes AT+CMGL="ALL" return an error.

When a SMS was sent CMGF was set again and then incoming SMS were recognised.

thx