Posts by tneto

Hi Hüseyin,
    Thanks for asking. No one at the forum have replied, so I've contacted Telit that kindly provided the common documentation, although the ones that Round Solutions wrote still missing. The most critial at this moment is the schematic for STK-S3 platform. Thanks.
    Regards,
    Telmo Neto

Hello guys,
    I am trying to resume an old project based on GE-863-GPS and STK-S3 Board and seems that so many things changed that I am not able to find the basic information that I need to handle the module. Can anyone share all those techdocs, firmwares, application notes and softwares that were available on round solutions website in the past? Thank you.
    Regards,
    Telmo Neto

What about my question, anyone can help me with this part of script? It is possible to do that kind of operations in python language? Thanks.

Hi, anyone can help me with this script? I want to codify a small string, like date=’071206’ on BCD format.
    In the interactive window of pythonwin the conversion process works well. Do I some extra library in my script?
    Thanks.

#BCD conversion
    Day = chr((int(date[0])<<4)+(int(date[1])))
    Month = chr((int(date[2])<<4)+(int(date[3])))
    year = chr((int(date[4])<<4)+(int(date[5])))

Thanks Andrew. This command is exactly what I need. By AT commands the specifications file says with a CFUN=5 we should expect a consumption of 4mA. Should we expect the same value when module is in power saving mode? If is bit more, how much more is it? What about external events, what kind of events can wake up the module? Can I use a GPIO input to wake up the module?

Hi. I`ve already read other threads about this subject, but I need to know if it`s possible to stay in power down mode untill a reception of a SMS. I tried that by AT commands and it works very well; however I have to do it from python script but it seems doesn`t work like in AT commands mode. Usually I send the MDM.send("AT+CFUN=5\\r",5), followed by a MDM.setDTR(0) command, but the module doesn`t react like in AT commands! The consumption current stills to high. The "at+cfun" command in python doesn`t react like in at commands mode. Sending a sleep instruction after the setDTR off isn`t a valid solution because the python stops! I need enter in low power mode and wake up only if a SMS is coming or an input change value. Anyone knows how to do this? Thanks.

which firmware you`ve tested it? I`m using a GE863-GPS with 07.02.701 firmware`s version. I`ve already tried your code but I`m still without success to get an input value. By AT commands it works fine, but I need to put it working by python scripts. Anyone can help me and test it in similar plataform, GE863-GPS 07.02.701. Thank you.

To configure the GPIO to act like output its easy and works very well, from python script too. My problem is in the definion and the capture of the inputs values. I don`t have more ideas to do that from python script!

I`ve already seen those posts you linked, but they didn´t solved my problem anyway. I`ve tried the configuration pin by at commands and it works fine, expect the GPIO1 pin! This GPIO1 definitely doesn`t work like an input pin, I guess!
    I sent the AT#GPIO=3,0,0 command to configure the GPIO3 as input and then I enquired all GPIO pins by AT#GPIO? command. I tested to connect the pin to the GND and left it floating (=2,7v). By at commands it works fine giving a "0" and a "1" respectively. Anyone can try it using python to check if the setIOdir and the getIOvalue funtions from the GPIO library works fine? Thank you all.

Hi. I`m working in a python script to a GE863-GPS module with 07.02.701 firmware`s version. My problem is in the definition of GPIO ports as inputs from the python script. I`ve tried two ways and nothing happens, the gpio doesn`t act like an input port. I`ve tried to define the gpio ports using these follow instructions (one of each time):

a=GPIO.setIOdir(3,0,0)
    #a=MDM.send(`AT#GPIO=3,0,0\\r`, 0)

Then I make a comparation and refresh two gpio`s outputs which they`re connected to a bicolour led by transistors!

if (GPIO.getIOvalue(3) == 1):
    a = GPIO.setIOvalue(6, 1)
    b = GPIO.setIOvalue(7, 0)
    else:
    c = GPIO.setIOvalue(6, 0)
    d = GPIO.setIOvalue(7, 1)

Anyone has acknowledged or experience in cases like this to help me. Thank you all.