GPRS is discontinued by Swisscom. What is the best replacement of my TER-GX910 modem ?

• GPRS (2.5G) will be discontinued soon by Swisscom :(. What is the best replacement of ourTER-GX910 modems ? I suppose that they will be obsolete. I use these terminals in many battery-powered field instruments for data transmission (a few kB) to FTP servers.

• Hello Albillia,

this Terminal is also available with the other Telit xE910 family modules.

I would recommend to use the TER-LX910-EU-V2, which could do a fallback to 2G and 3G.

You could get this Terminals also with new technology, like NB1/Cat M1, please contact us for more information.

Regards,

Hüseyin

• Hi Hüseyin,

Thank you for the advice. I see that the TER-LX910-EU-V2 has 4G capability. My second question is: Can this terminal accept in 4G the same set of AT commands as my old TER-GX910 to transfer my serial data to my FTP server by GPRS ?

Regards,

Albillia

• Hello Hüseyin,

Following your advice I am replacing my TER-GX910 modems by the new TER-LX910-EU, since my telephone operator Swisscom will discontinue 2G GPRS by the end of next year. Could you help me translating the following AT instructions for doing the same work in the 4G environment, i.e. sending an ASCII text file to my remote FTP server? I gave a try but I was stopped by an error message at the at#ftpopen command. Thank you for your help.

Albillia

at#ftpto=1000

OK

at+cgdcont=1,"IP","gprs.swisscom.ch"

OK

at#userid="gprs"

OK

at#passw="gprs"

OK

at#sktsav

OK

at+cmee=2

OK

at#gprs=1

+IP: 10.121.30.13

OK

at#sktl=1,0,1024

OK

at#ftpopen="ftp.control...","control…","pw",21

OK

at#ftpcwd="home/600"

OK

at#ftpput="mydata.txt"

CONNECT

abcdefghi

+++

NO CARRIER

at#ftpclose

OK

• Hi...I don't believe we have any other modems, no. The D-Link is just the one we rent from Verizon, and the one before that was as well.

While plugging into the NID, will I have to plug into the modem via Ethernet to test the connection?

pcb assembly