GPSACP and GPSSW empty. GPS is not working.

• Q: Type of module? A: Aarlogic C05/4 GE864-GPS
    Q: Firmware version? A: 10.00.115
    Q: Type of starter kit you have? none
    (S1, S1B, S2, S3, S4, EVK1, EVK2, none, other)

I've recently bought two C05/4 boards.
    I've tested both and I've the same problem in both.

The point is that I don't get any answer from the commands AT$GPSACP and AT$GPSSW. What I get is:

AT$GPSACP
    GPASCP:
    OK

AT$GPSSW
    GPSSW:
    OK

AT$GPSP=1
    OK

I've tested them in the S4 board and nothing, now I'm testing them alone, just the aarlogic board and the same.
    The connections I've now are:
    (ON/OFF) X1-7 ---> X2-9 (GND)
    (RX-TRACE) X1-16 ---> X2-12 (TX_GPS_BIN)
    (TX-TRACE) X1-17 ---> X2-11 (RX_GPS_BIN)
    and power of course.

Testing these pins with an oscilloscope I don't see activity.

Could you help me please?

Thank you.

• Hi Hüseyin,
    After connecting GPIO1<-->GPIO17 and GPIO4<-->GPIO18, the answer of GPSACP has changed, now I get GPSACP: 0000000....0........000000
    So it looks as if the gps doesn't get the position.

Till now I had worked with C05/3. Although I was told the C05/3 and C05/4 were fully compatible there must be some difference between them because the devices I developped don't work.

I've removed the aarlogic from my hardware and I'm testing it alone.

I'll have a look to the document you say.

Thank you very much Hüseyin

• Hi Hüseyin,
    After connecting GPIO1<-->GPIO17 and GPIO4<-->GPIO18, the answer of GPSACP has changed, now I get GPSACP: 0000000....0........000000
    So it looks as if the gps doesn't get the position.

Till now I had worked with C05/3. Although I was told the C05/3 and C05/4 were fully compatible there must be some difference between them because the devices I developped don't work.

I've removed the aarlogic from my hardware and I'm testing it alone.

I'll have a look to the document you say.

Thank you very much Hüseyin

• I've read the document and use the AT commands but I don't get GPS position.
    In the attachments you can see my aarlogic c05/4 with the connections and the antenna I'm using.

These are the AT commands and the answers of the aarlogic:

at$gpsd: 2
    at$gpsp: 1
    at$gpsnmun: 0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    at$gpsat: 0
    at$gpsps: 0,1800
    at$gpsacp: 0000000................0..................00000000
    at$gpssw: GSD4e_4.1.2_P9_CCK F+ 03/21/2014 080

I don't know what, but I feel I'm missing something.

I'm testing one aarlogic alone, as you can see in the picture, and other aarlogic in the S4, and both have the same behavior.

What am I missing?

• Hi Ehizan,

The answer you are getting looks like this because you don't have a GPS fix. Where do you have the GPS antenna placed? It should have clear view of sky to get a fix.

• Hi Mazen, thanks for your attention.
    The antenna is on the roof of my laboratory, so it has a clear view of the sky. It's connected to the board by a 2.5 meters long cable.

The point is that if I do the same on a aarlogic C05/3 it works perfectly, but on the C05/4 doesn't work.

So I don't know if the two aarlogics C05/4 I have are wrong (strange), or I there's some difference on C05/3 and C05/4 and I have to do something else.

I don't have any program running, I have just done the connectios you see above, and just send the commands you see above too. Anything else.