Reading USD data without terminating call

• Q: Type of module? A: GL865-Dual
    Q: Firmware version? A: 10.00.155
    Q: Type of starter kit you have? none
    (S1, S1B, S2, S3, S4, EVK1, EVK2, none, other)

Using RSTerm I can successfully dial a stored number and make a (silent) voice call. Watching the reply data I can see the progress of
    DIALING
    RINGING
    CONNECTED
    etc.

The problem is that I can't check this progress in Python since any command sent once the DIALING has started, 'RELEASES' the call and hangs up. This includes polling a port pin to see if a user command has been initiated. This seems crazy.

I have tried MDM.Receive and MDM.Read but both terminate the call.

How do I interrogate the call progress and poll port pins WITHOUT causing a RELEASE. Is there some other buffer or method to read this data safely.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Zitat

The problem is that I can't check this progress in Python since any command sent once the DIALING has started, 'RELEASES' the call and hangs up. This includes polling a port pin to see if a user command has been initiated. This seems crazy.

Please be so kind and desribe more detailed. Thank you.

• The documentation advises that once a voice call is initiated, ANY command causes a termination!, and it has been this which has caused me the problem trying to monitor call progress or poll GPIO.

However, as I suggest above: By setting DIALMODE=0 & ECAM=1 it IS possible to execute commands without causing the ME to hang up. Therefore, instead of scanning for the 'DIALING, 'RINGING' & 'CONNECTED' responses, I can test for '#ECAM: 0,1,1', '#ECAM: 0,2,1' etc. to monitor the call progress.

This is the solution I was looking for so I guess I answered my own question. The extra query I was making is that since this solution I found on the forum was dated 2008, is there any updated advice to add to it. If the answer is no, then thank you for the response and you may close the thread.

Regards,

Peter