TINI TBM390 and GM862-GPRS integration

• Hi Experts,

I decided to open new thread, which replace old "MRU problem" thread . Experts do we have any update related to this issue ?

Jhn

Hi Experts,

I decided to open new thread, which replace old "MRU problem" thread . Experts do we have any update related to this issue ?

Jhn

Maybe I did not clarify enough,
    you shall:
    1- enable the PPP protocol compression (called also PPP header compression)
    2- disable the IP header compression

Don`t confuse the two things. One is related to the PPP and the other to the IP.
    You said that you don`t have IP header compression, that`s fine.
    Just enable the ppp protocol header compression.

Fabio

• Thanks Fabio,

Excellent, then I must enable PPP header compression negotiation,,, in LCP we have two options related :

- Option 7, which is Protocol-Field-Compression
    - Option 8, which is Address-and-control-Field-Compression

Please Fabio, which one is the option which you are refering to ?

Regards,
    Jhn

• So,
    enable Option 7, which is Protocol-Field-Compression
    disable Option 8, which is Address-and-control-Field-Compression

Fabio

• Thanks Fabio,

I wish that we could solve this problem ,,

Dalas reported that TINI is not supporting LCP-Option(7). I couldn`t argue much with them
    As RFC1661 mentioned that :

"By default, all implementations MUST transmit packets with two octet PPP Protocol fields."

Hence, standards assumes that all implementation should support disabling LCP-option 7. (please correct me if Im wrong)

Consequently, I wonder if next releases of GM862-GPRS S/W will support disabling LCP-option 7 ? if yes , please could you provide expected date for such a S/W release ? otherwise, can you suggest any workaround to this matter ?

Thanks
    jhn

• Hi Experts,,

Please any answer (positive or negative) is highly appreciated. It took a month since last updata from you !! Now if you will not support this feature which I`m interested in, then please just tell me ,, otherwise specify a new S/W release date which contain the fix ....

Thanks
    Jhn

• Hello John,

Update the module firmware to the latest 1.03.020 SW release and you`ll have this question fixed.

Bye

Fabio