TER-GX300S: Can store instrument data in flash memory with python?

• Q: Type of module? A:TER-GX300S or GC864
    Q: Firmware version? A:
    Q: Type of starter kit you have?
    (S1, S1B, S2, S3, S4, EVK1, EVK2, none, other)

I want to FTP my weather station serial data. In the remote area, many occasions the GPRS network can drop off up to 3 days. So I need to store some data in the modem or microcontroller to be sent of when the GPRS network resumes function.

I know that GC864 can be programmed with python so there is no need for an external microcontroller.

But can GC864 be programmed to store serial data in GC864 flash memory without needing an external microncontroller/datalogger? If so, how much flash memory of the GC864 can be used to store user data? (considering that linux may have used up a chunk of the memory).

Thanks.

I know that GC864 can be programmed with python so there is no need for an external microcontroller.

That is right.

If so, how much flash memory of the GC864 can be used to store user data?

1,2MB are available for data.
    NOTE: The write cycles from that memory are limited to app. 100000!

For further support please be so kind and update your user profile with RS customer number.
    Thank you in advance.

• I am in the survey stage of purchasing TER-GX300S.

"The write cycles from that memory are limited to app. 100000!"

Are you saying that after I wrote the flash memory 100000 times, the flash memory goes kaput and I cannot write to it anymore?

So practically I need to store the unsent data in a external microcontroller instead of the RS modem?

Are you saying that after I wrote the flash memory 100000 times, the flash memory goes kaput and I cannot write to it anymore?

Yes, for that reason it is not recommend to use it for data logging.