T:TER-GX102 S Serial comms problem

• modules with PS:5.02.003/AL:6.03.200-GM862.PCS are very old and not more available. The new modules have another chip set and it is not possible to that with the old firmware.

The only way I can suggest:
    - set your modem on the fixed line also to 9600 and use hardware control (I hope your software support this).
    I suppose your device with send the data do it with 2400 and so should it work with this settings.

• Wilhelm, Harald has emailed me to tell me my modules have the wrong firmware installed. Therefore I shall be waiting until he has a solution for me.
    Perhaps you should speak to him for further information.

Sent by email: 01 December 2009 15:04 Hi Keith, Sorry, for the trouble and the delay. We are working on the problem. There is a difference in the firmware for some reasons. Best regards Harald Naumann Technical Director

The old firmware of TER-GX102 will not run at new modules inside the new terminals. We are waiting for an answer by Telit.

• Hi Harald,
    if you try to install an old firmware (6.03.200) on a new platform this is not a Telit fault. If the new platform requires the new firmware (7.03.x00), you need to install the new firmware.
    If there is an application developed by the customer for the old firmware and this application doesn't run on the new platform (but with new firmware on it), then I suggest to ask to the customer his application and try first it on your laboratory on a system configuration equivalent to the customer's one.
    Furthermore TER-GX102 is not manufactured by Telit (it has a Telit module inside)

Furthermore TER-GX102 is not manufactured by Telit (it has a Telit module inside)

TER-GX102 is one out of thousands different product, that some of your customer have developed. Please correct me if I am wrong. The old and the new firmware promise the same feature, but the new firmware does not support it. If that is true, then it is a fault of the module. Anyhow, if Telit can bot solve the bug, then I will recall the terminals and refund the customer the money.
    Last but not least this will not remove the bug inside the Telit module.

@Keith
    Please give Telit further 48 hours to help with a bug fix. Thank you in advance.

• @Keith

Let's sort out things here

I looks like mixed up part numbers. A TER-GX102 can not have a firmware version like 7.03.xxx. The TER-GX102 is a old version of the Terminal. Sales had stopped since years.

Please clarify:
    - Are we speaking about the old Terminal?
    - Or are we speaking about recenlty purchased Terminal (your last purchase was a TER-GX104)
    - What is the latest hardware/firmware which is working like inteded by you?
    - Can you make serial connection to the terminal via RS232 at 2400 Baud and sen AT commands?
    - Does the same SIM/contract works with the "old hardware"
    - Please confirm that nothing changed except the terminal hardware. (Same SIM, same provider, same contract, same back end at the terminal)

Sorry for being that keen on details, but otherwise we won't find a solution. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Olaf

• Hello Keith,

in your case you should communicate for test with ordinary terminal software to check out where the error is located.
    As I understand you are able sending AT commands with terminal software from PC to PC. Is'nt it?
    That means the connection over modem and TER is ok.
    Have you checked your cables? May be you need same bridges (e.g pin 5 to6) in your connector? Somtimes older software need this.

We have solved our communication problems in this way.

regards
    Olli

yes all the units purchased before now are operating as expected

that means your problem is solved?
    Please be so kind and post us what was the reason for the connection problems.
    Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by Wilhelm

that means your problem is solved?
    Please be so kind and post us what was the reason for the connection problems.
    Thank you in advance.

Please read my reply again Wilhelm, I said all units before now are working as expected!

My latest ones are not working as expected!!