SMS message stop receiving from terminal after som

• When sending SMS, if several SMS are send continuously or in quick
    succession, we found out (by using hyper terminal) that the SMS modem
    somehow doesn`t receive the sms messages.

This is our test case:
    At Hyper Terminal do:

ATE1
    ok
    AT+CNMI=2,1,0,0,0
    ok
    AT+CMPS="SM"
    ok
    AT+CPMS?
    ->CPMS: "SM", 0,15,"SM",0,15,"SM",0,15
    ok
    (send 1st sms)
    AT+CPMS?
    ->CPMS: "SM", 1,15,"SM",1,15,"SM",1,15
    ok
    (send 2nd sms)
    AT+CPMS?
    ->CPMS: "SM", 2,15,"SM",2,15,"SM",2,15
    ok
    (send several sms in quick succession)
    AT+CPMS?
    ->CPMS: "SM", 2,15,"SM",2,15,"SM",2,15 (reflect no new sms received)
    ok

Note that the red LED is blinking all these while, indicating modem
    working alright. When we power-off the modem and restart again, we
    observe that the modem then can continue to receive the SMS.

ATE1
    ok
    AT+CNMI=2,1,0,0,0
    ok
    AT+CMPS="SM"
    ok
    AT+CPMS?
    ->CPMS: "SM", 2,15,"SM",2,15,"SM",2,15 (indicating the previous 2 SMS
    already recieved)
    ok
    ->CMTI: "SM",3 ->CMTI: "SM",4 ->CMTI: "SM",5
    ->CMTI: "SM",6 (indicating modem continue to receive the rest of the
    sms messages)

Every AT command is send after the response ok from terminal. Because hyper terminal is operated manually, at least several seconds lapses before sending the next AT command. The terminal seems to "hang" and not receive SMS messages after receiving several sms messages. Please advice.

• I`ve updated the latest firmware. The problem that after sending several sms continuously, it somehow doesnt continue to recieve sms.

The firmware doesnt allow AT command: AT+CNMI where <mode> = 3.
    From the doc. <mode> allows only 0 and 2, which means buffer unsolicited result code in the TA in case DTE is busy.

Does <mode>=3, where it forward unsolicited result codes directly to the DTE, make the difference?
    Will round solution consider allowing <mode>=3?
    - Edited by lowwk 15.04.2004, 04:23 -

• From the tech doc, under the part on Command Response timeout, it states that
    "Note: In case no response is received after the timeout time has been elapsed, then try repeating the last command and if still no response is received until the timeout time, then an Unconditional Shutdown MUST be issued and then the device shall be powered ON again."

Actually, I didnt fire any AT command from the windows Hyper Terminal. I merely send several SMS, in quick succession, to the modem. Some how the modem doesnt seems to be able to communicate properly with the SMSC and SMS messages cannot be received. If I were to send the SMS messages slowly, example: at 10sec interval, then the modem can receive all the sms successfully.

Does this mean TER-GX10x cannot respond properly if sms are send to it in quick succession or sms simultanteously from several handphones?