Some basic questions

• I beleive I have the honour and pleasure of posting the first thread in this board !

Some basic questions about the TER-GX101S modem. We plan to buy one for feasability study, then more if successful.

1) Does the TER-GX101S containt a GSM Module GM862-GPRS module. So does all the documentation relevant to that Module apply to the TER-GX101S ?

2) We want to integrate such a module into a 1U 19" rack PC case. Is the 4Pin Molex power supply connector on the module compatible with an Standard ATX12V 4 Pin 12V connector (MOLEX 39-01-2040 or equiv) ?
    More generally do you have any comments about using an ATX12V power supply also used for providing power to a PC Motherboard and HardDrive.?

3) Does the module casing provide proper RF shielding ?

Thanks for any answers on this.

• [quote]I beleive I have the honour and pleasure of posting the first thread in this board !

Very Nice!

1) Does the TER-GX101S containt a GSM Module GM862-GPRS module. So does all the documentation relevant to that Module apply to the TER-GX101S ?

Yes, the TER-GX101S has the GM862 series inside.

2) We want to integrate such a module into a 1U 19" rack PC case. Is the 4Pin Molex power supply connector on the module compatible with an Standard ATX12V 4 Pin 12V connector (MOLEX 39-01-2040 or equiv) ?
    More generally do you have any comments about using an ATX12V power supply also used for providing power to a PC Motherboard and HardDrive.?

I will check on that and reply with an e-mail or post it here.

3) Does the module casing provide proper RF shielding ?

Yes, the GM862 modules are shielded and the alu housing of the TER-GX101S is enhancing it additionally.

Ben
    http://www.roundsolutions.com
    ben.hoelke@roundsolutions.com