You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Round Solutions M2M and wireless Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kosthala

Unregistered

Sunday, February 15th 2004, 12:18pm

ON/OFF Pin trouble

Hello
In the hardware description manual of GM862 it is mentioned that the ON/OFF pin (17) has an internall pullup resistor.
So i expected that the voltage at this pin should be normally ~2V8. But i always measure it 0.37V on my homemade board, so i can`t start the module. This is not the case on the evaluation board where the voltage at this pin is~3V8.
I have made the exact start up circuit as shown in the above manual. If I disconnect that circuit (pin 17 on the air) the voltage is again 0.37V.
On the contrary the RESET pin (23) which has also an internall pullup works fine (the voltage on that pin is ~2V8).
What am i doing wrong? Thanks for your answer.

Tuesday, February 17th 2004, 10:29am

ON/OFF Pin trouble

The #ON pin is internally pulled up by 3V8 (Vbatt) also when it is powered off. The RESET is high 2V8 only whether the module in ON. Otherwise you can measure about 0V3. Please try connecting only VBATT and GND.

Rate this thread