You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Round Solutions M2M and wireless Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 11:48am

Flash module using XFP

Hi forum.
I try to reflash our GL865-DUAL by using Xfp and a proper bin file. Between PC and board is a FTDI cable TTL-232R-3V3 and a level converter board.
Xfp is not able to connect to the modem (the design works in every other aspect), and I am convinced that one initial handshake signal may be missing, but I don't know which one.
Telit reference manual* gives no help here, it says in short "insert cable and press OK".

I saw a couple of threads regarding reprogramming but RS staff referenced to a thread link that only gave "404", or to a web page that describes the existence of RTS and CTS.

Some years ago the forum switched platform, and after that all old links to threads are dead, so a lot of accumulated knowledge is thereby lost.

*) "Telit GSM/GPRS Family Software User Guide
1vv0300784 rev.6 2010-10-04 " for example.

After googling and jumping in and out of the forum I get the impression that reflashing is done through SER2. Is this correct?
The manual mentions chips of "type CC" which I thought didn't apply to me. But maybe it does.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "wimp#1" (Nov 23rd 2017, 11:45am)

Rate this thread