You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Round Solutions M2M and wireless Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, May 26th 2015, 1:12pm

Not Responding At Command After Python Code

I have a GSM Click module and i want to use GL-865 with Python Code without MCU.
First one, i connected Max3243 driver and communicated PC to GSM Click module with RS-Term Program. When i sent "AT" command, module answered "OK" . After i can sent SMS and calculated ADC data with AT command on GSM Click module.
After installed Python command on RS Term program, module not asnwered all AT command.
U1/ Pin 43 ( V_AUX) pin 2V8 Volt and U2 /TXB0106 IC working.
When I checked UART line,module gets TX signals but not responding.
I'm try another GL-865 Dual module, result same.
What is the problem? Can i erased GSM Click AT Command's main embedded software ? or two GL-865 Duals modules break down?

Wednesday, May 27th 2015, 4:00pm

answer from our Telit Support:
I suppose that the Python script is running on this module and "steals" the AT
instance. When Python starts, the AT0 is assigned to MDM and therefore the AT
commands are note accessible from the main UART.
Was the module rebooted?
Maybe the Python script starts anyway, what is the
#STARTMODESCR" setting? In its default value 0, the DTR
line dictates if the script will start or not.
The Python script shouldn't be
able to corrupt the main SW.

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 10:55am

Yesterday, i have been called by Telit Support. We researched the problem and tried some AT command and method .
GSM Click module connect to 3V3 voltage to VBATT & VBATT_PA and therefore we suppose GL-865 Dual modules ROM memory or software corrupt out of voltage level . After update module software and module now working. But i should change to module power supply to 3v8 Voltage.
Thanks for Telit Support's, thanks your answer!

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 11:57am

thank you very much for your feedback.

I will close this thread.

Rate this thread