You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Round Solutions M2M and wireless Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 10:54am

Q: Type of module? A:GC/UC 864
Q: Firmware version? A:
Q: Type of starter kit you have? S§
(S1, S1B, S2, S3, S4, EVK1, EVK2, none, other)

Hi !

I try do run GC864-QUAD module only with GC/UC864 adapterboard.

Therefor i only connect PIN 43 (VCC=4.0V) ,PIN 44 (GND) and a pushbutton between PIN71/72 to see if modul will start.

The module does not start, the only thing that happens is a fast flashing of LED50 during pushbutton is pressed.

I think there is a additional connection to GC/UC adapter missing, but i can't find some reference in the documentation.

the module starts if GC/UC- adapter is inserted in the basic board.

maybe somebody has an idea whats wrong !

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 12:10pm

RE: GC/UC864

compare to the documentation RTS should be grounded if not used for serial connection.

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 9:24pm

Thats clear, but RTS grounded or not is only important for the seriel communication, and i have tried to connect RTS to ground - no change
The problem is that modul does not start with above mentiond connections.

In the meantime i can start the module, but it ist very strange. It's not starting with a supply < 4.5V and a voltage > 4.2 V is out of specification range, and the module becomes rather hot and takes all the time approx. 600mA, starts but does not answer to a AT- Command. i think the module is damaged, but i do not know why.

Therefore i have ordered two more GC864-Quad. I hope this parts will have a longer lifetime.

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 8:18am

I have reconstruct it in my test environmental. My module starts from 3,6V to 4,2V. A voltage over 4,2V will destroy the module for sure.
May you have made something wrong.

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 9:23am

There is not response since more than 2 weeks. For that reason I will close this thread.
Thank you for understanding.

Rate this thread