You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Round Solutions M2M and wireless Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, April 12th 2007, 5:44am

could not CONNECT with web site

Q: Type of module? A: GM862
Q: Firmware version? A:
Q: Type of starter kit you have? S2
(S1, S1B, S2, S3, EVK1, EVK2, none, other)

I am using GM862 modem for my Mobile Data Terminal(MDT) application, In my application I will transfer some data from MDT to our server via GPRS connection. I am using ATMEL-128 MCU in my MDT.

My GPRS Setting

AT#GPRS=1 (got IP )
AT#SKTD=0,80,"",0 ==> ("CONNECT" Recived)

Problem 1
The connection is automatically disconnected after 2 min. eventhough i it as "Connection : keep Alive"

Problem 2
Because of problem 1, I did my data transfer in the following way

I connect the website after that i will transfer my data and i will close the connection immediately

my data transfer command
"GET /TP/Getdata.asp?Msg=MDT001!TPC001!Data!0101010 HTTP/1.0"
"Connection: Keep-Alive"

In this case,
I power on the MDT I can connect with web site, I can do my data transfer, its working fine.

After 5 hours I trying to connect the web site I did not receive "CONNECT" message from the modem. But my other AT commands are all working fine.

this is very big problem for me now.
please help me to solve the problem

Thursday, April 12th 2007, 7:07am

Even persistent connection get closed after period of time which is dependant on web server settings. Ie. Apache has directive KeepAliveTimeout seconds.

Friday, April 13th 2007, 9:12am

when i connect the same website using my mobile phone, the connection can KeepAlive until i close.

Friday, April 13th 2007, 9:40am

In that case you could try changing Telit socket configuration:
Commands Reference Guide Rev. 2 p. 268

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "CCfly" (Apr 13th 2007, 9:41am)

Cosmin Buhu

Friday, April 13th 2007, 9:41am

See #SKTTO - Socket Inactivity Time-Out.

Sunday, April 15th 2007, 6:56am

i have #SKTTO is 0 ( AT#SKTTO=0) that means there is no time out.
It does not help me

Cosmin Buhu

Monday, April 16th 2007, 8:54am

CCfly, please update your User Profile including your Round Solutions customer number, link on top of page, thank you.

chola, maybe is a good idea to analyze TCP packets on server to see what part is initiating the disconnect? With Ethereal for example.

Tuesday, April 17th 2007, 9:43am

Please, post the firmware version (at+cgmr) and the model of mobile phone you are using.
Furthermore: do you issue the same AT command set to the mobile phone (I don't believe this) or which ones?

Friday, April 20th 2007, 8:49am

my firmware version is 1.04.004. I am using Nokia n73 mobile phone.

Friday, April 20th 2007, 9:00am

Please, could you try with the firmware 1.05.002 available at round solution website (techdocs directory)?

Cosmin Buhu

Monday, April 30th 2007, 3:51pm

Cosmin Buhu

Rate this thread