You are not logged in.

Friday, February 24th 2017, 10:44am

TelitLE910 RIL Integration on Android 6.0

Hi,

I am Interfacing LE910-EU V2 with android 6.0, Initially the android was detecting the modem as CDMA (all the logs am getting is cdma related eg:- cdmasst: )
but LE910-EU V2 is a GSM modem.To set GSM i changed the cdma subscription as NV from RUIM/SIM and manually set the gsm.current.phone-type as 1 from 2 , now in radio log gsm related logs are showing but it's looping a set logs again and again.

I am not able to understand why this logs showing like this. radio log have been attached.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance
aslamvga has attached the following file:
  • gsmsst.txt (64.9 kB - 314 times downloaded - latest: Yesterday, 7:41pm)

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 8:57am

Hi,

what kind of Java application and Android board you are using?

It seems that the version is trying to load the RIL more times:
01-01 09:58:00.469 1837 1837 D RILJ : Starting RILReceiver0 [SUB0]
01-01 09:58:01.338 2021 2021 D RILJ : Starting RILReceiver0 [SUB0]
01-01 09:58:01.688 2060 2060 D RILJ : Starting RILReceiver0 [SUB0]
01-01 09:58:01.967 2095 2095 D RILJ : Starting RILReceiver0 [SUB0]

but it is not caused by a malfunction of the native RIL.

Regards,

Hüseyin

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 11:24am

Hi Hüseyin,

Thanks for you replay, I am using a Eragon820 Development board which is running 6.01, i need a 4g connectivity to the device.

I have not changed the android framework. From The getprop the property value of gsm.current.phone-type was 2, I manually made to 1.

In framework where we will define Manually whether the device connected is GSM?

Regards,
Aslam

Tuesday, March 7th 2017, 11:56am

Hi Aslam,

have you integrated the driver following the Telit_RIL_User_Guide_for_Android_OS ?

2.7. Android configuration

2.8. Android framework modifications

Board configuration should be done using one of the makefiles for telephony. We normally use aosp_base_telephony.mk. This makefile adds all the native and fundamental part used for phone functionalities (included the rild).

The primary makefile is normally included in the specific directory of the device, for which the build is done.

Regards,

Hüseyin

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 1:29pm

Hi Hüseyin,

I followed the "1VV0301239_Telit_RIL_User_Guide_for_Android_OS_5.x_6.x_r3.pdf" Android Integration guide. In BSP, I added the Vendor ril , ppp services and changed some SE Linux permissions. In that guide it's not mentioned anything related to changing the framework.

Android is detecting the modem as cdma, because of which i am feeling that network is not coming.

I attached a cdma radio log what i am getting as default.

I really appreciate your guidance.

Regards
Aslam
aslamvga has attached the following file:
  • cdma.txt (145.86 kB - 236 times downloaded - latest: Yesterday, 8:01pm)

Monday, March 20th 2017, 5:18pm

Hi Aslam,

In that guide it's not mentioned anything related to changing the framework.
Please refer to the below sections described in the document. Note that LE910V2 is Group 3 module, so be sure you have applied all the modification required by this module group.
2.8. Android framework modifications 13
2.8.1. SELinux policies 13
2.8.2. Init changes 15

The module is LE910 V2 (PID: 0x0036) in Group 3.
In the log it seems the module is recognized as HE910 and ECM interface used.
01-01 05:30:50.778 2104 2116 D AT : AT> AT#ECMC?
01-01 05:30:50.793 2104 2120 D AT : AT< ERROR
01-01 05:30:50.794 2104 2116 I RILC : libril: new connection to RIL_SOCKET_1
01-01 05:30:50.795 2104 2116 I RILC : RIL Daemon version: Telit android ril R6.00.03.b2 - HE910
Please check again all the settings and provide the full log.

Friday, March 24th 2017, 11:46am

Hi Hüseyin,

I added the all the changes needed for the telit LE910 (Group 3) into a new android 6.0.1 BSP. I added all the files needed for Group 3and modified the init.rc and ueventd.rc

in the section 2.8.2 Init changes "system/core/init/service.cpp" file is not present in the bsp. rather than that all files i added/modified.

previously no simcard symbol was showing there on the top bar and i modified the CdmaSubscriptionSourceManager.java

"public static final int PREFERRED_CDMA_SUBSCRIPTION = SUBSCRIPTION_FROM_RUIM" to "public static final int PREFERRED_CDMA_SUBSCRIPTION = SUBSCRIPTION_FROM_NV"

After that the no simcard symbol changed to signal bar symbol but network is not came and Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped message used to pop up .

In the radio log i notices that the after phone service crash message, this property is [gsm.current.phone-type]: [1] if i press ok to that message the property become [gsm.c urrent.phone-type]: [2], after some time again the same message is popping up and the value change back to 1 .

Here I attached the link for that radio log.radiolog

Thanks for you time and patience .

Thanks & Regards
Aslam

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 2:22pm

Hi Asam,

here is feedback from our Telit Support Team:

"we don't think the source manager has to be modified. Moreover the "SUBSCRIPTION_FROM_NV" is a peculiarity of CDMA devices where the subscription information are stored into the device and the SIM (RUIM) is not used.
The LE910 is not a CDMA device.
Ask him to check the value of "ro.telephony.default_network" property. It should be 9 (PREF_NET_TYPE_LTE_GSM_WCDMA).
Then check also the "world_phone" that is set in some xml configuration file (the file depends on the specific implementation) that should be FALSE."

Regards,
Hüseyin

Friday, April 7th 2017, 2:37pm

Hi Hüseyin,

As you mentioned on the previous mail, i changed following things .

ro.telephony.default_network=9

<bool name="world_phone">true</bool> made it as <bool name="world_phone">false</bool>

in device/qcom/common/device/overlay/packages/apps/Phone/res/values/config.xml and
device/qcom/common/device/overlay/packages/services/Telephony/res/values/config..xml

After making the ro.telephony.default_network=9 the Phone service crash message (Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped) is keep on showing there , even if we press ok to the message at a fraction of second again the same message is showing there. It's like we can't use anything on GUI only we can press ok to the crash message.
Now the RIl daemon handling device as a gsm modem but the crash message is keep on coming.

As well as i changed the world_phone to false in the above mentioned config.xml files but result is as same as to the previous state

Thanks for Your valuable guidance , Looking forward to hear from you.

Here I attached the log after doing those changes, please find the link :le910_log_gsmsst

Tuesday, May 2nd 2017, 8:51am

Hi Asam,

feedback from Telit:

[font=&quot]It seems
they are using non standard AOSP and the issue is not related to the Telit RIL
itself, but to their integration so at the end we cannot help much more.[/font]

I will close this thread, because you are getting support directly from Telit in India.

Regards,

Hüseyin

Rate this thread