You are not logged in.

edwardjelonek

Unregistered

Thursday, December 8th 2011, 1:47pm

track4free & track4less clarification request

Hello,
I am developing some equipmet for vehicle tracking and I need some clarificatin regarding the use of track4free and track4less:

I find that my password will not work for the track4free website but only for track4less. I have tried a new password but this gives the same result. Does this mean the I must view my track4free position only on the track4less site and not on the track4free site?

Secondly, the 'TRACK4FREE.COM - SERVICE DESCRIPTION' document I download from your website specifies the format of the data request as:

http://track4free.com/app/gps.client.php?data= etc

- whereas I have seen on this forum that member alex 168899 claims to have been able to view his position on the map of track4free using the following RS Terminal Telit HTTP data request after logging in to www.track4free.com (not http://track4free as quoted in the above document) :

GET
/app/gps.client.php?data=358248030180635,51210,202205,4903.2006N,12247.7633W,359.85,0.28,0.15,24.4,365.0,3,04 HTTP/1.1
Host: track4free.com
Connection: keep-alive
User-Agent: Round Solution GPS tracker

Is this the whole correct format to use if the equipment under development is being used to drive the transceiver module directly and Python is not being used at all? The reason I am asking is because the above document does not specify the full syntax for a request so I suspect there must be more information on how to make a request somewhere that I have been unable to find.

Thirdly, I have noticed on another posting by forum member pepito that he was recommended to change his connection to 115200 baud and Hardware flow control. If this is mandatory it may be the cause of my problem. I am currently running at 9600 baud and no flow control as the GM862 GPS module I am using is being driven by a microcontroller serial port which has no flow control lines. Does the output of the GM862 change if the input baud rate is changed ?

If there is more information to clarify the data format and request generation process I would be grateful for it as insufficient information has already cost me a lot of time guessing where my errors are.

Best Regards

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "edwardjelonek" (Dec 8th 2011, 7:12pm)

Friday, December 9th 2011, 10:26am

RE: track4free & track4less clarification request

this portal is established for test purposes and there are different ways to realize the data upload. How do you prefere it is up to you.
In case you need help for your application we can assist you.
Please understand this can not be done for free.

Friday, December 9th 2011, 11:01am

Hello Wilhelm,
Thank you for your prompt reply. However, I don't wish you to write any code for me , just to tell me how to format the data to send to the track4free site and to comment on the other questions I have asked. I already have code to format the GPS data into the sentence format suggested by your data sheet. However, there is a difference between the data sheet format and the format that seems to be used by the forum member I quoted. I have tried uploading the data from the RS terminal manually but I am not succeeding in getting a response on my computer screen from the track4free site.
Is there some kind of specification issued by the track4free site for the data format ? As I am planning future purchases of the GM862 GPS module from you for my production in a few months time I was hoping you might assist me with the development by clarifying the format and any other data upload requirements.
My customer number is 15068.

Best regards

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Ed Jelonek" (Dec 9th 2011, 12:01pm)

Saturday, December 10th 2011, 11:15am

Quoted

I find that my password will not work for the track4free ........

You should use track4less at this moment

Quoted

Is there some kind of specification issued by the track4free site for the data format ?

data=imei,date,time,lat,lon,course,speedkph,speedknt,hdop,alt,fix,nsat

Please NOTE: the GM862 GPS is an old model and will be substituted by GE864-GPS

By the way, please be so kind and use just one account. We will delete edwardjelonek. Thank you for understanding.

Rate this thread