You are not logged in.

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 11:30am

ON/OFF Pin trouble

Q: Type of module? A: GM862-Quad
Q: Firmware version? A:
Q: Type of starter kit you have? other
(S1, S1B, S2, S3, S4, EVK1, EVK2, none, other)

in the hardware description manual of GM862 it is mentioned that the ON/OFF pin (17) has an internall pullup resistor.
So i expected that the voltage at this pin should be normally ~ battery level (3,7V). But i always measure it 0 V on my carrier board
, so i can`t start the module.

I have made the exact start up circuit as shown in the hardware user guide. If I disconnect that circuit (pin 17 on the air) the voltage is again 0V.
What am i doing wrong? Is it possible, that the modul GM862 is defect? Thanks for your answer.

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 2:00pm

RE: ON/OFF Pin trouble

What am i doing wrong?

I am sorry I have no idea because we have no information about your board.

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 11:34am

yeah your right i have forgotten to mention some details:

The GM862 module is controlled by a MSP430f2274, it communicates via a UART-interface (2,8V). The module is supplied by 3,7 Voltage, the requiered 2A output current is guaranteed. The GM862-pins i use are: RTX, TXD, ON/OFF, Vbat, GND, PWRMON. Furthermore i uesd the recommended circuit (hardware user guide page 16ff) for turning the module on.

My problem is that the gm862 does not power on (pwrmon is low) although i used the recommended steps (user guide page 16ff).
Furthermore if i disconnedt the on/off pin from the msp430 the voltage at this pin is 0V. Is this normal or is the module defect? Thanks for your answer. Thanks for your answer.

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 11:50am

this forum is established to help our customers in technical questions.
Non customer are welcome to read all posting they want,
support would be given for our customers only.

How to get support without to be customer:
Just send an email to and ask for support.

For that reason I will close this thread and reopen it after I received a customer number.
Thank you for understanding.

Rate this thread