You are not logged in.

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 10:54am

Q: Type of module? A:GC/UC 864
Q: Firmware version? A:
Q: Type of starter kit you have? S§
(S1, S1B, S2, S3, S4, EVK1, EVK2, none, other)

Hi !

I try do run GC864-QUAD module only with GC/UC864 adapterboard.

Therefor i only connect PIN 43 (VCC=4.0V) ,PIN 44 (GND) and a pushbutton between PIN71/72 to see if modul will start.

The module does not start, the only thing that happens is a fast flashing of LED50 during pushbutton is pressed.

I think there is a additional connection to GC/UC adapter missing, but i can't find some reference in the documentation.

the module starts if GC/UC- adapter is inserted in the basic board.

maybe somebody has an idea whats wrong !

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 12:10pm

RE: GC/UC864

compare to the documentation RTS should be grounded if not used for serial connection.

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 9:24pm

Thats clear, but RTS grounded or not is only important for the seriel communication, and i have tried to connect RTS to ground - no change
The problem is that modul does not start with above mentiond connections.

In the meantime i can start the module, but it ist very strange. It's not starting with a supply < 4.5V and a voltage > 4.2 V is out of specification range, and the module becomes rather hot and takes all the time approx. 600mA, starts but does not answer to a AT- Command. i think the module is damaged, but i do not know why.

Therefore i have ordered two more GC864-Quad. I hope this parts will have a longer lifetime.

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 8:18am

I have reconstruct it in my test environmental. My module starts from 3,6V to 4,2V. A voltage over 4,2V will destroy the module for sure.
May you have made something wrong.

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 9:23am

There is not response since more than 2 weeks. For that reason I will close this thread.
Thank you for understanding.

Rate this thread